Sunday, February 12, 2012

I will not leave you as Orphans; I will come to you!

John 14:18 I will not leave you as Ophans;I will come to you"! This verse means so much to all of us as Christians. Before in John 13 Jesus called his disciples "Little children". He was talking to them as a Father figure and explaining to them He would be departing. He used the term 'little children' as a term of endearment and love. He would be beaten, crucified and put into a tomb. He would also be rising again!!!!!!After the resurrection Jesus will ascend into Heavan and go back up to his Heavenly father. He would leave them the Holy Spirit as a helper for them until he comes back for us. In John 14:18 He is telling them he will not leave them fatherless he will be back for them. To me this verse shows me how God loved me so much he was not only willing to come to this earth in a human form but also willing to be persecuted ,beaten, and crucified. Not only that, He came down knowing in advance all that he would endure and knowing that he would be seperated from his Father. He did that for each one of us! He not only did that -- He wanted to make sure we werent abandoned until he comes back again for us, so he sent the Holy Spirit to be in us and with us. He is still here even when he is in heavan that is how BIG our God is! He then makes sure we know he will be back for us!!!

From the bottom of my heart, since I was 6,  I felt God calling me to be the mother to an orphan in Africa. I have prayed for the child God has for me and truely believe God created me with this purpose in mind. My mom always told me to pray for the man God had for me and for the children God had for me as well. I prayed years for my husband and never imagined God had such a wonderful perfect man for me as he has shown me through Jordan! My children... I am over abundantly blessed by them - I am so lucky to be able to stay at home with them every single day and play with them and teach them and just see in them how much God loves me and more. And now with adopting I have prayed for 6 years for God to prepare my heart, my husband;s heart my families heart, now my children's hearts for the Child he has for us. And I pray God prepares the child's heart he has for us!! So exciting and so scary and nerve racking all at the same time. I am a very impatient person when it comes to things like this so I know God is going to work on me in that area as well as many more I dont even know exist. I am excited to see the work God is doing in our families and in our church as well as our own lives and family. I pray and hope to become the mother God has created me to be and to really seek him and always keep him my first priority!! I know I am prone to get obsessed with these kinds of things, so I want to make sure He is my number one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment